|STOP PILING THAT STOCK NUBCAEK|
When Blizzard release a Blog post which suggests you might like to do some stuff before 5.4 hits, it's time to sit up and take notice. Of course, some of us will be otherwise engaged for the next week or so, but that doesn't mean
Let it not be said I can't recognise a market opening when I see one. Therefore, we present 10 Things You Won't Need to Do When 5.4 Drops:
- Pretend that Class Changes aren't your problem. In shock news, every single class (yes even Rogues) can smell the unmistakable Essence Du Change that's going to become de rigeur in the months leading up to a new Expansion. I hate to break it to you, but even you really ought to go read the patch notes because your character will be affected. GO DO IT.
- Worry about Losing your Valor Points. No, there is NO reset. There's also no new Valor Point armour either, but don't let that worry you. You can still upgrade stuff before you start converting it to raw materials. Plus loads of stuff costs less Valor, which is great unless you don't need anything. BoE Boots? SO LAST EXPANSION DAHLINK.
- Stockpile quite so many Old World mats. Enchants now scale with gear, so that Spellpower Enchant you've been trying to flog for months? Not so valuable. However, I'm sure the gold farmers reading this already have their own ideas of what's gonna sell well regardless of this change, so maybe you ought to go check out their wisdom as well.
- Get frustrated in Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. This is the point where you're going to wish you knew someone planning a Flex Raid, because they're gonna start playing the new content the night the patch drops, whereas LFR HAS A WHOLE WEEK TO WAIT. Might be time to actually accept a few of those Battle.net friends requests...
- Fret about being behind on the Legendary Questline. Blizzard have made it stupidly easy to pick up all the old rubbish you should have been collecting for the last three patches, because they knew some people were going to turn up fashionably late. No need to worry, they've got you covered!
- Wipe repeatedly in ToT LFR when trying to gear Alts. 'All enemies in Throne of Thunder now have a debuff called Shado-Pan Onslaught, which reduces their health and damage by 20%' say the Patch Notes. That should make Durumu a lot simpler for those people who have a phobia of mazes.
- Be geared to a certain standard to wipe repeatedly in Heroic Scenarios: 'Heroic Scenarios no longer have a minimum item level requirement to enter.' We're assuming you still need to premake a group in order to enter, however, so I'd make sure you know what you're letting yourself in for.
- Need an Arena Team to die repeatedly in Arenas: I'm beginning to see a pattern here... ^^
- Leave your Professions Alts languishing around gathering dust. If you want the new stuff in 5.4 you're gonna need to be out there, you know, doing stuff. Again, this is one of those moments where reading the Patch Notes is pretty much... well, required reading. Don't say I didn't warn you
- Update your Computer to accommodate the Patch: apparently 'the vestigial Use Hardware sound option has been removed' so that's good, right? Hang on, what do you mean I might have to one day replace my PC REGARDLESS...?
See, when you look at it in those terms there's really very little you have to worry about! Sit back, have a cuppa and a nice bit of cake and be safe in the knowledge that come 5.4, you have absolutely nothing to worry about... [*]
[*] Actual worry may be involved, major change may be traumatic and cause mass QQ-ing, wailing and gnashing of teeth in Trade. The value of your currency may go down as well as up. Wear a tabard. Queue responsibly.