|'Upcoming Content', eh? ^^|
It had to happen eventually. With three weeks to go, we have the convention itinerary for Blizzcon, and the first item after the opening ceremony? 'What's Next'
Yes, I reckon that's all we're getting.
This Expansion's already breaking the mould of previous expectation. Although there is still the possibility that we know the title, without any kind of official confirmation we won't have a clue until the 8th, and I'm betting that suits Blizzard just fine. After all, we have made a big thing in this Parish of how the wonder and amazement of new content has been pretty much savaged to death by data-mining. Making sure NOTHING gets given away before the Devs are good and ready is a genius move, however frustrating it might be for those of us WHO NEED ALL THE INFORMATION NOW!!11!!!!1!
[FX: Large bucket of water]
Oh, that's *much* better. Now, where were we?
There's about five and a half hours of Warcraft 'time' provisioned over the two days of the event, including an hour with Duncan Jones on the Warcraft movie (which will not be nearly long enough, that I'll tell you now) I think I'll be willing now to take a stab at how things will pan out over the two days...
- You'll get the Expansion Name in the Opening Ceremony. You're gonna get a dance music video montage of all those redesigned models too, trust me on this.
- Don't expect a lot of detail. This is going to be about telling people what they want to hear, and not bogging them down with too much to remember.
- I'd expect a date for the Expansion release as well, because if you want to saturate social media it's not just the name the filters are going to pick up. Twitter loves dates, too.
- It will be pretty. It is going to combine old and new. There will be at least one thing you've wanted since you started playing and one thing you've complained about a lot will be fixed, once and for all (BAG SPACE FOR ME) because Blizzard know that to make this work there's going to need to be some concessions that THEY DON'T LIKE.
- There will be a CLEAR PATH TO THE Expansion. In fact (and we'll discuss this in more detail tomorrow) I'd expect the MOTHER OF ALL PATCH TRANSITION EVENTS. It's going to make the Scourge Invasion look like Christmas. In fact, at the rate things are moving and with dates coming up, that Leper Gnome/Rotten Helper Christmas Battle Pet becomes spookly prophetic... ^^
So, three weeks from now, we'll almost know.
ZOMG THREE WEEKS :O
Seriously, are we there yet?