|WTB More NPC's Like this in game :D|
I think most of us can agree that Warcraft, despite still being hugely engaging (YES I STILL BELIEVE THIS STOP MOCKING ME), is beginning to show its age. We're reassured that new character models are coming (roll on Blizzcon is becoming a hackneyed phrase around these parts) and there's a fairly strong swell of opinion that we'll get a new class this time around rather than a new race (we could get both, who knows?) With the Warcraft Movie possibly influencing decisionmaking, I find myself wondering what could still be on the table. Here's the Top 5 Changes I'd like to see on the table for 6.0 and beyond:
- Player Housing. THERE I SAID IT. Just go look at Animal Crossing, New Leaf and tell me that people don't care about the place they live in. Look at how people dutifully Tilled their way towards Exalted in the Valley. People care about stuff no-one else can see. Just go the whole hog, let people share their homes on Facebook/Twitter and have a contest for the best Decorated Home every month. GO ON YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.
- A New Profession. Do it from the ground up in a way that is easy to level and fun, and then change all the old Professions to match this. You can make NPC's in each Expansion's Capital to sell the old patterns for a currency that you get as a drop whilst herbing, mining, enchanting, milling and prospecting. Everyone is happy, nobody loses out and you finally get to streamline all the Professions the same way. If you have problems designing this, gimme a shout. I'll be happy to help.
- Give us Couturiers. In every Quest Hub there are people who JUST SELL MOGGING GEAR. That's right, just mogging stuff: make it recolours of existing gear. I'm not expecting new stuff. Just get the old stuff out there so people can mix and match more stuff. How hard would it be?
- More Lorewalker Cho-type NPC's. I'm not asking you to change old stuff, just add an NPC from the Explorer's League/Reliquary in the levelling zones, to give us more lore background to what's going on around us. They can be linked to Archaeology certainly, and maybe if you have the time you could do the same kind of stories you've utilised with Cho in Pandaria.
- A Return to Class Specific Quests. You proved it worked with the Warlocks. They were ace in Vanilla. Bring them back for everybody, and link them with proving Ground-type 'learn your class' quests as you level. Instantly better players, happy because they had a story ALL TO THEMSELVES :D
This is the point where I sit back, drink my tea and wait to see what you guys think needs to be added to the list.
AWAY YOU GO :D