|When I grow up...|
I'd like my name in Blue.
Apologies for the shoddy nature of graphics this afternoon but I'm posting this live from Disease Central, where pictures are not necessarily the most important order of business (note to self, kitchen towel are not tissues, get ye to a Pharmacy.) I have words to say regarding the latest word dump which are the 5.2 Patch notes, because frankly there's an awful lot that's going to change, and not all of it for the better. So, without further ado...
I'm skipping the quest hub stuff, and the Legendary stuff AND the class changes, which are too complicated at this point for my brain to adequately grasp. Needless to say, this counts as a MAJOR content patch, and then some. What I want to look at is twofold, and you'll find it in the Raids, Dungeons and Scenarios section:
- To encourage Raid Finder groups to persevere, each time an Raid Finder group wipes on a boss fight all players in the group receives a stacking buff that increases health, damage dealt, and healing done by 5% (up to a maximum of 10 stacks). This buff is cleared once the boss has been killed.
DO WOT BLIZZARD?
To 'encourage' Raid Finder groups to persevere? *shakes head* nononononono. People do this because they want to, and when you die it should teach you two fundamental things:
1. You did it wrong
2. You need to be better
It really IS NOT YOUR JOB to hold people's hands any more than they already are, because this will not promote ANY kind of learning process, it will just allow people to faceroll content to the point where nobody learns anything at all and the entire game experience is further reduced in relevance. I can see why you've introduced it, but really... this isn't going to help anyone in the long term if people don't actually GRASP HOW TO PLAY.
Having launched that piece of frankly unbelievable news into the ether, then we have a follow-up:
- The chance of getting personal loot in Raid Finder and the chance of a successful bonus roll in Raid Finder have been greatly increased for the 5.0 raids.
So, it isn't just me, then.The drop rate does suck...
Excuse me while I go and quietly cry in a corner...
There is some good news, fortunately, and most of it seems to be occurring in areas I like playing:
- The chance to fish up Flying Tiger Gourami, Spinefish Alpha and Mimic Octopus has been increased.
- Reputation gains from bringing rare Pandarian fish for Nat Pagle to examine has been increased.
YAY for Fish, and considering the major changes coming up (including fishing for Battle Pets) I'll wager there'll be a lot of time in 5.2 with a rod in the water (fnar fnar) But it gets better:
- Two-handed axes, maces, and swords can be Transmogrified to each other.
- One-handed axes, maces, and swords can be Transmogrified to each other.
- Staves and polearms can be transmogrified to each other.
- Fluxfire Feline's Wind-Up has been replaced with a new ability, Flux, which deals damage to the enemy team.
Stitch that Cheaty PvP-ers. Time to go away and actually learn how to play :P
- Disconnecting from a pet battle will once again respawn the pets you were fighting.
YAY for actually realising that a DC was not a cheat, it was just that extra bit of luck you needed after the last 25 pets you battled were all Uncommon Quality and that one was a Rare. I'm almost prepared to forgive you for the Stacking Buff of Fail on this one... almost ^^
Needless to say, you should read the full set of Patch Notes. Then you should be looking at what Wowhead datamined, which is where we go next, coz those changes are gonna make the gold farmers sit up and take notice...