|Another Hunter, A Different Server... :D|
I owe a fairly large debt of thanks to the good bürgers over at WoW Insider. Quite apart from the fact they have given the Pet Database a wider audience, the site comes up with interesting nuggets of information on a daily basis, and that's not an easy task I know (from personal experience) One particular piece, which snuck under the radar in early August, has had me thinking the last few days: it suggests, assuming that the conditions on beta remain when the game goes live, that it could be possible to use pets to earn money on multiple servers.
The concept is very simple:
- All your vanity/battle pets are now linked to a central 'stable' which you can access regardless of what server (or faction) you are playing on.
- Once you learn how to 'cage' a pet it can be caged anywhere, ON ANY SERVER.
- Sell my spare pets from my 'main' on her server's AH
- My Horde alt on the same server will be able to sell spare pets as well (once caged)
- My L52 Hunter (see above) on Server B will be able to sell spare pets
- The L1 Horde alt I make on the same server... and so on
It would also (theoretically) allow me access to the Black Market Auction House for pet sales across multiple servers. Let's not go there just yet.
The hunter I just introduced above has lived on Server B for a while, and has sat largely idle since she was transferred there. She has a small amount of money, and suddenly she's a Person of Interest. This gives me the option with my extensive pet surplus to sell on a secondary market, not flood my primary market, and see if I can establish a Small Business Empire that spans two servers.
Really, it has to be done :D