This weekend has been all about the rolls.
I have been waiting for Needy on P for quite some time. I have no idea how many times I have pressed Need for items in dungeons/raids since Achievements were introduced but there's been one or two, and it finally happened yesterday in the Well of Eternity. The entire RNG system comes up for a fair bit of criticism around these parts, and having seen some frankly ridiculous Need rolls in the last week or so, I think maybe it's time to reassess how the entire system works. If I were a Dev, this is what I'd be considering changing...
- Dungeon Loot rolls for MS/OS need to be addressed. If (for an example) someone healed a dungeon and a healing trinket drops, and then the tank rolls for his/her OS and wins it over them... this does not seem fair. You can't roll for OS in an LFR, it should not be acceptable in a Dungeon either. It would force people to run instances in the spec they want to gear, thus forcing them to actually L2P. That has to be a good thing.
- Loot 'drop frequency' needs to be looked at. Another example: 25 man LFR, one rogue (me), Deathwing dies and drops TWO ROGUE ONLY DAGGERS. There are those who would look at this as the Ultimate Win, of course, but I found myself thinking of the other 24 poor saps who were forced to do the raid for nothing at the end. Seriously, how hard would it be to have the system check the raid composition and reward a better spread of loot as a result? This of course would mean, if you took 25 Druids into the raid, they'd all be rewarded with Druid-related loots...
- It's being said in various places, and I know Blizzard are looking at this, but you'd be amazed the number of times someone rolls Need on everything and wins the lot. Often this includes multiples of the same Tier Token, and if that happens you'll have to hope someone else is paying attention and will guilt the roller into passing an item over.
- As I believe I've also said elsewhere I've seen a Rogue roll and win all three items available for the class in LFR whilst already having all the items already equipped. People won't be nice in LFR, they will be defensive and greedy, often regardless of their normal behaviour. This may not be as easy to deal with, but if you could find a way to see if you're already wearing an item and then remove the person from the roll, that would be great as well.
- RNG and pets. No, don't start me, just DON'T. ./looks at Stolen Present. WTB Consistent System when I can exchange tokens for pets regardless of the Festival, so that doing the SAME POINTLESS EXERCISE every day rewards me eventually... ^^
I'm going off for a cup of tea and a walk, I'll be back later... :D