|Remember last year? The Twilights SAID the End was coming...|
It's that time again: the quarterly Activision Blizzard investor call announced last night that Warcraft has ONLY 10.3 million players. Yes, ONLY 10.3 MILLION PEOPLE. As we strap on our tin hats and prepare for the inevitable run of blog posts dissecting this earth-shattering admission (*cough*), I'll be pointing out the following to the inevitable naysayers in Trade:
- The Emergency Exits are located <-------- and -------->. In the event of the Game landing on water, your Inflatable Gnome is under your seat.
- You were leaving anyway. Don't use this announcement as either justification or motivation, you'd made the choice to cancel your sub well before this happened.
- If you're going to go, don't spend the next X months on forums moaning about how you feel so much better that you left, because if that were really the case YOU'D NOT BE WHINING ABOUT IT. Let it go already.
- That Star Wars game launches before Christmas. Modern Warfare 3 launched yesterday. There's no way you'll get the latter done before the former launches unless something gives...
- Don't tell everyone you're leaving via a hugely charged and emotional post on your Guild's forums, because we both know you're still paying that monthly sub. If someone gives you a chance to kill Deathwing as the only player of your class in the group, you'll be back. Failing that, you'll three man it once Mists comes out... ^^
- Most of those subs were lost in China, you know. /looks at Pandas. Hmmm...
- Did you know that Warcraft is about to launch a Portuguese language client? Wherever Elune closes a window, she Seaforium-blasts open a locked door...
- Dude, we're IN A RECESSION! No, really, we are. If they lost this many subs in a period of Global Growth, there'd be people out there with signs strapped to their backs, and they might have a point.
- When 4.3 hits, log in your Free to Play account and check how many people on your server have a Tyrael's Charger. I'm betting they'll outnumber the Sparkly/Fluffy Blizzard Store Mounts by some way. That's the number of people who've committed to a year's subscription fee. GUARANTEED Bums on seats = WIN.
- Can I have your gold when you leave?