Expect all those character icons to shift up a bit once the two new races appear: the whole thing is far less cluttered and it's spelt out a lot more precisely what each race can do, and what each class can be adapted to. Frankly this is long overdue, and it's part of a HUGE Interface overhaul. This includes the following (thanks again to MMO for the text):
- Buffs and Debuffs: This is a new section added to Interface Options.
- New option - Castable Debuffs: Enabling this will cause only debuffs you have cast on an enemy target to appear.
- New option - Consolidate Buffs: Enabling this adds a buff consolidation box near the mini-map. Very short term buffs (e.g. Replenishment) and very long term buffs (e.g. Prayer of Fortitude) are filtered into the buff box. The icons are stacked here, but they can still be seen by moving the mouse cursor over the buff box. Long term buffs will move out of the box when they are about to expire. Buffs such as important procs (e.g. Art of War, Lightning Overload), cooldowns (e.g. Bloodlust / Heroism, Combustion) or limited in range (e.g. totems and paladin auras) are always displayed.
- Tutorial System: The tutorial pop-ups are now larger, contain images, and better try to direct players to the relevant locations or user interface elements on the screen. In addition, several new tips have been added, while some existing tips will now appear at more appropriate times for new players.
- Dungeon & Raid Difficult Display: A group’s dungeon or raid difficulty setting will now be displayed via an icon off of the mini-map.
- Group Disenchanting Option: In addition to rolling “Need” or “Greed” on items, players now have the option to elect for an item to be disenchanted. “Disenchant” works exactly like “Greed” except if a player wins the “Greed” roll, they will receive the disenchanted materials instead. Players who choose “Need” will always win the item and will always beat those that choose “Greed” or “Disenchant.”
- Lag Reports: Players can now report high latency or lag by accessing the Help Request menu.